Low-quality REM sleep or sleep deprivation can cause any number of serious health issues, including memory loss or lapses, depression, headaches, false memory, diabetes, obesity, seizures, mania, and many others.
To help you stop snoring and finally get a good night’s sleep, we introduce SleepPro, a company dedicated to eradicating all causes of snoring and improving sleep quality. Their anti-snoring products have been approved by numerous doctors, hospitals, clinics, and dentists worldwide. Read our in-depth SleepPro review to discover an affordable and effective solution for your snoring/sleeping problems and finally allow yourself and your partner a rejuvenating night’s rest.
What Is SleepPro?
SleepPro is a company offering numerous anti-snoring aids, alongside appropriate tools for keeping your mouthpiece clean at all times. They have helped thousands of people with their products and also bring about many benefits for their potential future users.
Their signature SleepPro stop snoring mouthpiece, which comes in many iterations, is a mandibular advancement splint that helps you stop snoring and regain the quality of your sleep. It works by advancing your lower jaw, which introduces a slight tension in the tissue of your upper airway. This will keep it open at all times, helping you breathe more easily and comfortably while you sleep.
How Is It Different?
SleepPro is a unique anti-snoring mouthpiece. Here are some aspects that differentiate SleepPro from other similar products on the market:
- Variety – Right off the bat, SleepPro offer 10 different iterations of their anti-snoring mouthpiece, which is something we don’t see often when it comes to snoring aids. Usually, companies have one or two products in their portfolio and that’s it. SleepPro stands out due to the sheer volume of products they offer to their users.
- Clinically tested – All the products sold by SleepPro are clinically proven by numerous institutions and doctors all around the world. This provides you with additional peace of mind since you know there are no hidden dangers for your health lurking from their mouthpieces.
- Long tradition – Companies that deal in snoring aids usually haven’t been on the market for too long. SleepPro, on the other hand, was founded in 1998, which means they have been delivering high-quality anti-snoring products for almost a decade. A longer presence on the market is usually the best indicator of high-quality products and good service.
- Partnership with MEDiTAS – Not much to say here except the fact that MEDiTAS is one of the leading manufacturers of mandibular advancement devices in Britain. They have been working with SleepPro since the company was founded.
- Ease of use – SleepPro devices are very easy to handle, unlike some other rivaling products.
- Cost-effective – One of the biggest advantages of SleepPro mandibular advancement devices is their cost-to-value ratio. Compared to dentally-fitted devices, SleepPro is a bargain, offering the same amount of comfort, utility, and snoring prevention.
- Safety – As we already mentioned in our SleepPro review, these snoring aids are all clinically tested and approved. This makes them absolutely safe to use since they’re comprised of medical-grade thermoplastic and free of BPA or latex.
- 30-day money back guarantee – SleepPro is a company that believes in their products, so they have no problem offering a full 30-day money back guarantee. Basically, this eliminates any potential risk for you as a customer since you can simply return the device if you’re not satisfied with it. Needless to say, not many companies adopt this practice.
Fitting The Mouthpiece
They have numerous mouthpieces in their portfolio, which all require different fitting procedures. Here’s our comprehensive outline of achieving the perfect fit for you new SleepPro MAD.
SleepPro, Easifit, Sleep Tight, Woman, Contour, and Splintdirect use the boil and bite technology. First, you should boil some water and pour it into a mug. Leave it for 1 minute to cool down since it’ll render your mouthpiece unwearable if it’s too hot. You shouldn’t boil water in a microwave.
Immerse your mouthpiece completely and leave it in the hot water for 2 minutes. Shake off the excess water after taking it out and push any floppy bit back into place. Also, you should position the notch at the top before biting into the mouthpiece.
Position the device on your lower teeth and close your mouth. Bite hard and start moving your lower jaw forward. Do this for about 10 seconds. Start watching yourself in the mirror and bite firmly for 20 seconds. You should see the breathing holes insert moving up like a drawbridge while you move your jaw. If you don’t see any elevation while moving your jaw forward, the mouthpiece will have no effect on you. Also, if your lower and upper teeth are touching, you shouldn’t use the mouthpiece.
After the “biting” step, start using your index finger like a toothbrush to mold the device against your teeth. Simultaneously, start pushing your tongue against the inner part of the mouthpiece.
After 30 seconds, remove the device from your mouth and put it in cold water. Test the device out after it cools down to check if it fits. This concludes the boil and bite process. You should repeat the procedure at least once to acquire a better fit. You can also remove the white plastic part before using the device but don’t throw it away since you’ll need it if you ever decide to remold your MAD.
SleepPro Custom, Custom AM, and Night Guard require a different molding approach. When you order one of these mouthpieces, SleepPro will send you a dental impression kit used by professional dentists for the custom versions and molding putty for Night Guard. In both cases, the kit comes with a comprehensive instruction, so you shouldn’t have any problems making your teeth impression at home. You should then send your impression back in the provided packet and one of the SleepPro professionals will create your personal anti-snoring mouthpiece.
Boil and bite:
- Boil some water and pour it into a mug, let it cool for 1 minute
- Immerse the mouthpiece
- Bite on the mouthpiece for 10 seconds and move your jaw forward
- Bite firmly for another 20 seconds and watch the plastic insert movement
- Mold the outside of the mouthpiece with your index finger
- Push the inner side with your tongue
- Remove and put in cold water, wait until it’s completely cooled
- Repeat the process if needed
- Follow the instructions and create an impression of your teeth
- Send the impression back to SleepPro
- Start using your personal custom-made anti-snoring mouthpiece
Here are the current prices for all SleepPro devices:
- SleepPro Easifit – $52.49
- SleepPro Sleep Tight – $72.19
- SleepPro Woman – $52.49
- SleepPro Contour – $111.57
- SleepPro Custom – $203.46
- SleepPro Chin Support Strap – $26.24
- SleepPro Double Pack – $78.75
- SleepPro Combination Pack – $72.19
- SleepPro Night Guard – Slimline – $45.93; Standard – $49.87; Cushionfit – $56.43
- Splindirect – single pack – $17.05; double pack – $26.24; triple pack – $32.80
- SleepPro Fresh & Clean – $7.86
- SleepPro Daily Liquid Cleaner – $7.86
- SleepPro Custom AM – $216.58
SleepPro Pros & Cons
If you are still unsure if SleepPro is right for you, check out the key advantages and flaws of this snoring aid.
- A multitude of different products
- Advanced fitting process
- Safe and clinically tested materials
- Company with a long tradition (since 1998)
- Devices can be worn by some users with dentures
- Reasonable pricing
- Thin material for greater comfort
- Devices may cause some drooling or soreness
- Longer waiting times
- Devices turn rough and uncomfortable when treated with water that’s too hot