At the end of the day, don’t we all want to find our way to a restful night of sleep? Unfortunately, if you are one of the many people afflicted with sleep-related issues, such as snoring, then that comfortable rest can be incredibly elusive. As a result of this widespread issue, there is an entire market of anti-snoring technology that promises to help you put an end to snoring. In such a crowded field, products need to do something special in order to stand out. The SnoreRx anti-snoring mouthpiece manages to stand out in a big way and that brings us to the core of today’s discussion: our unbiased SnoreRx review. Today, you will find out everything that there is to know about the SnoreRx mouthpiece while getting the kind of information that you need in order to make an informed decision. Does SnoreRx live up to expectations? Let’s find out!
What Is SnoreRx?
In order for you to come to a proper appreciation of SnoreRx, you need to know exactly what it is. As we pointed out at the beginning of our SnoreRx review, there are many different anti-snoring components available for sale in the marketplace. These anti-snoring devices come in a variety of different styles, ranging from specialized pillows all the way to mask-like devices that you wear around your head. SnoreRx is what we call a mandibular advancement device and it is quite different than the other anti-snoring options that you are going to find in stores. First off, let’s talk about what a mandibular advancement device actually is.
- Mandibular Advancement Device – Often shortened to the acronym MAD, a mandibular advancement device is a component that you put in your mouth while you sleep. The purpose of a MAD is to keep your jaw jutted in a forward position.
The goal of a mandibular advancement device like SnoreRx is simple: by holding your jaw in a certain position, you are able to make positive progress toward ending your problems with snoring. If you are someone who has a history of snoring or if your partner suffers from the affliction, then you know how damaging it can be to your own personal health as well s the health of your significant other. Snoring isn’t just a punchline, it is a problem that afflicts people of all ages and levels of health.
Now that we have introduced the SnoreRx mouthpiece, we can move forward with our SnoreRx mouthpiece review. While SnoreRx isn’t a perfect device, you’ll soon find that there are many different positive aspects of this specific mandibular advancement device.
How SnoreRx Works
We’ve given you a general overview of SnoreRx. Now, it is time to take a deeper dive into the technology behind this little device. Taking care of snoring can be a task that seems never-ending and for that reason, we have to make sure that we lay out how SnoreRx works to an elaborate degree.
As we pointed out at the beginning of our SnoreRx review, SnoreRx is an oral mouthpiece that falls under the mandibular advancement device (MAD) category. The SnoreRx is also a boil-and-bite device. What does this mean? Well, in order to ensure that your SnoreRx fits correctly, which we will get into later, you need to boil the device and bite into it in order to get a dentist-level fit. Customizing the fit of the device will allow you to make sure that you have an anti-snoring device that fits your mouth perfectly.
At night when you fall asleep, the muscles inside of your throat tend to relax. When your throat relaxes, particularly your upper throat, the tissue inside begins to cave in on your open airway. During the day, you can obviously tell that breathing is easy. In fact, breathing is so easy that it happens 24/7 without you ever realizing it. At night, you lose control of the seemingly automated breathing process and that is when snoring starts up. The air that moved so freely during the day now has to fight through your obstructed airway, causing the dreadful vibration that is snoring.
A mandibular advancement device like SnoreRx works to keep your jaw elevated and pushed forward. When your jaw is sitting in this particular position, it will alleviate the strain that we described just a moment ago. Air will move easier and this will lead to a reduction in the vibrations that cause snoring. Sounds pretty good, right? Let’s look closer at a few other ways that SnoreRx is changing the game:
- Quality Materials – Any time that you are putting a product in your mouth, you’ll want to know that it is safe. The SnoreRx device is completely free of BPA, acrylic, and latex. In fact, there isn’t any kind of metal or special material in the mouthpiece that could lead to pressure, discomfort or potential future health issues.
- V-Flow Technology – One of the bigger concerns that customers have when it comes to MADs is this: does it impact your ability to breath? Fortunately, the manufacturers of SnoreRx made sure to customize the SnoreRx with V-Flow technology. This special design allows you to sleep with your mouth open, allowing you to breathe. This is particularly important for people who struggle with sinus issues.
- Professionally Certified – There are so many different anti-snoring products on the Internet that it can be hard to know which ones to trust. While SnoreRx certainly has some problems, which we’ll get to later on in this SnoreRxmouthpiece review, the device is also highly touted by several important organizations. SnoreRx is certified by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine as well as the United States’ own Food and Drug Administration.
How Is SnoreRx Different?
If you’ve spent any measure of time looking for a solution to your snoring problems, you’ve likely come across other ‘boil and bite’ mandibular advancement devices. When looking at SnoreRx, you have to ask yourself: what makes this product so much better or more unique than others? While SnoreRx is ostensibly similar to many other MAD products, there are a few key aspects that make it more effective and more unique.
Boil & Bite Re-Fitting – The majority of ‘boil and bite’ devices are meant to be boiled once and bit once. This means that if you do not get a solid or accurate bite on your first attempt, you’ve essentially wasted the product. With SnoreRx, you can boil and bite the product up to three different times. With multiple chances to get the perfect bite, there’s almost no way that you can mess up.
Flex-Jaw Adjustment Ability – The other unique aspect that we want to highlight is the ability that SnoreRx gives you in regards to adjusting the jaw fit. SnoreRx, unlike almost every other MAD on the market, will allow you to adjust the jaw section in tiny, 1-millimeter movements. This flexibility will allow you to fine-tune your SnoreRx until it perfectly fits your mouth.
Special Teeth Cushion – Another concern that customers have when searching for an anti-snoring device relates to how comfortable the product will be. SnoreRx has scored high marks across the board for the specialized teeth cushion technology that the manufacturer uses. Copolymer cushions coat the device where your teeth will rest, allowing you to easily get to sleep.
Prolonged Lifespan – Most traditional boil-and-bite devices are beholden to relatively constrained lifespans. This means that the traditional MAD will have to be thrown out and replaced on a relatively routine basis. With SnoreRx, it appears that this simply isn’t the case. According to the manufacturers, SnoreRx can last roughly 15 months with proper upkeep and maintenance.
Smooth Aesthetic Display – SnoreRx has a smooth and aesthetic display on the front of the jaw portion. This is known as the Posi-Lock feature. When you adjust your SnoreRx, you can keep track of your preferred settings by making a note of the number on the face of the device. Adjustments are easy to track, which makes your battle with snoring much easier.
While we’ve isolated a few key differences between SnoreRx and other similar anti-snoring devices, there is still so much more you need to know about the device. Let’s move on to the next part of our SnoreRx review so that we can take a closer look at how SnoreRx works during the fitting process. With oral anti-snoring devices, getting a proper fit is more important than anything else.
SnoreRx Fitting Guide
As we’ve repeatedly pointed out during our SnoreRx mouthpiece review, SnoreRx offers a variety of special features that make it comfortable and effective for your snoring problems. With that being said, you still have to make sure to properly fit SnoreRx for it to work effectively.
Before you start fitting your SnoreRx mouthpiece, you need to make sure you have everything you need to successfully complete the process, including:
- Small kettle of boiling water
- Separate heat-proof container
- 1 glass of cold water
- Pair of tongs
- SnoreRx device
Once you have all of these components collected, here’s what you need to do:
- Start by brushing your teeth. Follow the ‘Happy Birthday’ tempo to make sure that your teeth are as clean as possible.
- Now, you will need to boil enough water to coat the entirety of the SnoreRx device. Don’t put SnoreRx into the boiling water yet.
- Pour your boiling water into the second heat-proof container.
- Set your SnoreRx to the ‘3’ setting. Now, put your SnoreRx into the water carefully and allow it to sit there for a full 90 seconds.
- Once that 90-second timer is up, use your tongs to move SnoreRx from the boiling water into the cold water. Only leave SnoreRx in the cold water for three or four seconds.
- Now, take SnoreRx out of the cold water and immediately bite down on it. Make sure not to move your jaw. Allow SnoreRx to sit in your mouth, under a constant and unmoving pressure, for roughly 30 seconds.
- Next, place SnoreRx back into the cool water and let it sit there for around 60 seconds.
After you follow our 7-step fitting guide, your SnoreRx should be ready for usage. Make sure to test SnoreRx in your mouth before putting your materials away. You want to make sure that everything fits correctly. Remember, you can repeat the fitting process a total of three times, so don’t be afraid to give it another go.
Once you are satisfied with the fit, you can turn your attention toward the fine-adjustment feature that makes SnoreRx truly stand out. The fine-tuning process is as important as the initial fitting process, so make sure to pay attention.
- Take the two triangles of SnoreRx and squeeze them. This unlocks the mouthpiece, which will allow you to take out the top tray.
- Now, gently pull the bottom jaw piece forward. Every time the jaw moves forward 1mm, you should hear a click.
- Pay attention to the numbers on each side of SnoreRx to ensure that they match.
- Test SnoreRx at different MM adjustments in order to see what fits you the best. Remember, your jaw shouldn’t feel a ton of pressure.
- Squeeze the two triangles again in order to engage the lock.
Does SnoreRx Stop Snoring?
The million dollar question for SnoreRx is simple: does it actually eliminate or at least reduce snoring? There are countless anti-snoring mouthpieces available for sale today, but the truth is that the majority of them just don’t work. So, why should SnoreRx? According to the manufacturers of SnoreRx, more than 80% of users will have success reducing or eliminating their snoring problem.
As we highlighted above in our SnoreRx review, snoring is caused when your throat relaxes at night, which then allows the tissue to collapse over your airway. SnoreRx is a MAD that works to keep your jaw in a position that reduces the stress on your throat, allowing the air to enter and exit your airways with less resistance. The science behind the SnoreRx oral device is sound and many customers have highlighted their own success stories with the device.
Ultimately, however, the key to success with SnoreRx appears to be in the act of properly fitting it to your own mouth. No two people are going to have the exact same mouth size and shape, so you have to take the fine-tuning process very seriously. The developers of the SnoreRx device suggest that you start out with the device set to the factory settings, three millimeters. The manufacturers suggest that you try each setting on SnoreRx for a minimum of three to five nights before changing the sizing. The goal here is simple: through a careful and deliberate calibration process, you will be able to find the fitting that works best for you.
If you are wondering whether or not SnoreRx is working to stop your snoring, the best way to find out is by asking your significant other. If you don’t have anyone to ask, pay attention to how you feel in the morning after wearing SnoreRx. If you feel more restful and refreshed, then you are likely sleeping better, thus circumventing the snoring issue that had bothered you before. Lastly, you can consider purchasing an external application for your phone that is designed to trigger a recording when your snoring occurs.
To sum up the initial question: The SnoreRx oral device is built with solid materials and based on science to help you stop snoring. With that being said, there is the caveat that you have to have the device properly fitted in order for it to be effective.
SnoreRx & Sleep Apnea
While users might hope to use SnoreRx to treat more than just snoring, such as obstructive sleep apnea, this sadly isn’t possible. The manufacturers of the SnoreRx mouthpiece put out a strong ‘no’ in response to this specific question. SnoreRx is not intended to treat sleep apnea or any other specific medical conditions outside of snoring.
Does SnoreRx Have Any Side Effects?
Whenever you use an oral device, you need to know about all of the potential side effects that you might run into. We highlighted the fact that SnoreRx is made of safe materials and we should also point out that it is built without any small parts, thus making it completely safe from a choking perspective. However, SnoreRx does have the potential to give off side effects to a small segment of users. These side effects range in severity and typically only bother a small percentage of all SnoreRx users. They include:
- Teeth & gum soreness
- Temporomandibular joint soreness
- Excessive production of saliva
- Minor tooth movement
- Minor change in dental occlusion
- Slight obstruction of oral breathing
When it comes to potential side effects, it is better to be safe than sorry. Arming yourself with knowledge will allow you to understand any potential problems that you may run across while using SnoreRx.
Who Should Buy SnoreRx?
The SnoreRx anti-snoring sleep aid is specially designed for individuals who have trouble snoring or have a partner that suffers from the ailment. SnoreRx is designed to help address snoring in a safe, efficient, and affordable manner. Users who are tired of using anti-snoring pillows or medication are suggested to give SnoreRx a chance.
Knowing who should use SnoreRx is one thing, but we should also briefly point out individuals who should not use SnoreRx. According to the manufacturers, the following individuals should avoid using SnoreRx in order to avoid side effects and safety issues:
- People with sleep apnea
- People under 18 years of age
- People who suffer from TMD
- People with respiratory illnesses
- People who struggle with loose teeth
- People who suffer from periodontal disease
- People who wear braces or dentures
- People who have implants/crowns/caps – unless approved by a dentist
If you do not find yourself in any of the categories on the second list, you should be able to safely use SnoreRx to try and treat your snoring problems. Remember, safety is key even when you are treating something as simple as snoring, so do your research and understand the products that you are using.
What Users Think About SnoreRx
While most anti-snoring devices end up being pretty divisive among users, SnoreRx has substantially more positive than negative feedback. Still, we decided to highlight both positive and negative customer feedback in order to give you a solid representation of what people think of SnoreRx.
Compliments – SnoreRx is lauded for being an affordable and effective anti-snoring option. Customers were uniformly impressed by how easy it was to fit the device and they were even more impressed by the customized fine-tuning option. Customers were happy with the comfort of the material and the safety precautions that the manufacturers focused on.
Complaints – The most prevailing complaint regarding SnoreRx has to do with the fact that people who have dentures or braces cannot wear the device. Customers also complained about slight soreness from getting acclimated to the device, though this was a problem that slowly went away. Finally, some customers complained of excess saliva production while wearing the device.
As you can see, customers were largely glowing with praise when discussing the SnoreRx anti-snoring oral mouthpiece. While there are real issues with the device, they seem minimal in comparison to the rest of the positive comments that users had left. Still, no device is perfect and each user will have their own unique thoughts on the product. What works great for one person may not work for another.
SnoreRx Cost & Refund Policy
Fortunately, the manufacturers of SnoreRx have priced their device in a fair fashion, especially in comparison to other similar devices on the marketplace. Here is the price of this mouthpiece:
1 SnoreRx – $99
2 SnoreRx – $154
The manufactures of SnoreRx offer a 30-day unconditional satisfaction guarantee. If you aren’t happy with SnoreRx in the first 30 days, simply return it for a full refund, excluding the shipping fee. Your 30-day period does not begin until the product lands on your doorstep. Customers are obviously allowed to return used products. This makes SnoreRx a safe and affordable device to try with no downsides and a ton of upsides.
- Flexible design allows for custom fitting
- Affordable and long-lasting
- Easy to calibrate
- Easy to clean
- Successfully helps prevent snoring in most customers
- V-Flow design allows for comfortable mouth breathing
- BPA, latex, and acrylic free
- Approved by the FDA
- Certified by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- Lasts up to 15 months with proper care
- Full money-back guarantee
- People with dentures and braces cannot use the device
- Causes minor side effects in some users