Using an inadequate tongue retaining device comes with numerous risks. Therefore, before you make a purchase, you need to be sure that you have made a smart and safe decision. Our Boyon Tongue Retainer VS aveoTSD comparison brings you objective assessments of the quality of both of these devices, along with our professional opinion on which one of them constitutes a better anti-snoring solution.
- BPA-free medical silicone
- No jaw soreness or pain
- Eliminates mild sleep apnea
- Helps with sleep apnea
- Clinically approved
- No molding/fitting
- Tongue soreness;
- Dry throat.
- Excess salivation, usually during the first week of use;
- Sore tongue, normally during the first week and in cases when the device is tightened more than necessary;
- Changed color of the tongue, which can be eliminated by reducing suction pressure through gentle squeezing;
- Difficulty swallowing saliva, which can be eliminated by slightly easing off the device so the tongue is more flexible.
- Nasal snorers;
- Individuals who cannot breathe through their nose;
- Individuals with sensitive mouths;
- Individuals with moderate to severe sleep apnea.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Isaac Roberts on 03/10/2019Great mouthpiece that does the job but it still lets me sleep any way I want. However if your nose gets stuffy for whatever reason, it’s not pretty.
- Submitted By Jenna 101 on 01/20/2019This little thing is a lifesaver! Snoring is not only embarrassing I could simply die it also started affecting me on a daily basis since I couldn’t rest at night. I know this piece of rubber looks funny and like it can’t do anything but trust, I never slept better.
- Submitted By Billy Cunningham on 06/01/2018it helped me tremendously and reduced my snoring to "acceptable levels". I still can get over the fact that I gave a hundred bucks for a piece of rubber though.
- Submitted By Sam Keast on 01/24/2018Urrghh a horrible piece of equipment that results in conditional disturbed sleep. Granted it did reduce snoring but at the expense of sleep which defeats the whole purpose. Tried it consistently for a few weeks to become accustomed to it, and never did. It is a essential a bulky bit of silicone sticking out of your mouth whilst stuck to your tongue. On that point, how is it worth nearly $100? I mean really, it’s a piece of silicone made from a cast (not customised or anything). I contacted the company (I’m in Australia) to see if I could return it as they advertise a money back guarantee and got no reply. Hateful product.
- Submitted By MikeSnoringSux on 08/05/2017This device looks weird and when I started using it, I had problems actually placing it on my tongue. One time I put it on too tight and the next day my tongue hurt, like actually hurt. As for snoring, it does help, but it doesn’t eliminate it.
- Submitted By BrianKing on 07/25/2017I tried using this for a couple of weeks but I wasn’t satisfied. Got my money back easily.
AveoTSD is an effective and comfortable anti-snoring mouthpiece that eliminates oral airflow obstructions by holding your tongue in a forward position. Read our detailed review of the device and discover what users had to say about it in their aveoTSD reviews.